Guardian Warranty Corp - Do not buy Guardian Auto warranty

Jan 26, 2010
review #169065

I am the service manager of an independent auto repair shop.I have assisted customers with their extended warranty repairs for years, and while many can be difficult to deal with Guardian is by and far the worst.

I will no longer accept their warranty at our shop.

We pride ourselves on providing value for our customers, and this extended warranty is no value to anyone. From the moment I got on the phone with their people, all I received were excuses why NOTHING was covered under their contract. The conversation was adversarial from the start, and got worse as we proceeded.

This is a company that simply takes the consumers money and gives nothing back in return.Do your research on extended warranties, but please stay away from this rip off.

7d6e7f5
4.6
Had an experience with Guardian Warranty Corp?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA

Jan 22

Will someone please post an address for them so I can send all this junk mail back to them?? Thank you.

briar58

Jan 04, 2013

I just hung up on these clowns. I feel sorry for the elderly customers that they will use their scare tactics on to buy their pathetic warranty, and i know many will. Shame on GM/Cadillac and whoever else uses these clowns for allowing these people to harrass their loyal customers. I was passed from one high pressure salesperson to another. I explained that I was not going to make a decision until I discuss it with my wife first. They said ,well then you are making a decision. They did not want to let me off the phone until I gave them an OK and a credit card number. I get the assuming the sale thing if your a salesperson, but this is ridiculous! DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANYTHING. I felt like I needed a shower after talking to them!

Ted

Sep 30, 2011

I agree with all the complaints about guardian warranty. DO NOT WALK BUT RUN AWAY from these crooks before you consider buying this extended warranty. They have loop holes for all your problems- not willing to pay your shops hourly rate, time to do a job is not granted on repairs and good luck trying to get a person on the phone!

Kelly

Jun 09, 2011

Ok, so all of you that are in favor of GWC have obviously NOT had the misfortune the rest of us had. I bought my car a year ago and purchased the GWC extended warranty :grin I'm unemployed and cannot afford major car repair bills. Well the unexpected happened and I had to take my car in for repairs. I went to the dealer who sold me the warranty only to find out they could not service my car so they transferred it to another mechanic. My engine had some trouble and rather than fixing the PROBLEM it was easier for them to put a used engine from a salvage yard in my car.. REALLY? not a rebuilt engine used... no warranty.. my $100.00 deductibel just turned into $966.00 in uncovered fees, like the sales tax, why am I paying sales tax? Also they only cover $65 an hour for labor so guess who is paying the difference, yep you guessed it ...me. This company is the biggest ripoff there is, everyone should stay away from them. Oh and it's been three weeks and I am srill waiting for my car to be repaired, the only brite side to this is the *** who sold me the warranty gave me a loaner car to use while my car is being repaires so I guess I should thank them for that. :grin :( :( ... Show more

scmendel11

Feb 09, 2011

Add Preferred Warranties Inc of Orwigsburg, Pa, to this same list of companies to avoid. I can and have made an identical complaint. Argumentative, adversarial, willing to pay only for re-vamped parts, only will to pay 33% of retail labor costs...

Manny

Oct 12, 2010

The complaints on this site are true. Do your homework when buying a policy, but stay away from this company. If you live in California and believe you have a complaint please contact the California department of insurance.

RICK ADAMS

Oct 01, 2010

IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TIME TO CONTACT THE INSURANCE COMMISION IN PA ABOUT GWC. EVERY TIME I TAKE TRUCK IN FOR SERVICE I HAVE TO FIGHT WITH THEM, AND SO DOES THE CHEVY DEALER! NOW AN INSPECTOR HAS TO LOOK AT MY TRUCK. THEY ARE QUICK TO TAKE YOUR MONEY, SLOW TO PAY. I JUST WANT TO GET WHAT I PAID FOR. JUST PAY THE BILL!

Another Pissed Consumer

Sep 23, 2010

Stay away from these shysters. They will happily take your money but will refuse to pay any claims.

Aug 04, 2010

Do you know how many shops are out there robbing warranty companies as well as consumers? Use common sense when you go to a shop. Just because a guy says the bill is $3,000.00 doesn't mean that their just going to write a check. Their not in the business of getting ripped off. They're only going to pay what a reasonable cost for the job would be. When you choose a mechanic, look at the size of the place and also if they are busy. The bigger they are, the slower they are, the more likely you're going to get robbed. They have big bills that need to get paid no matter what. Find someone you can trust. If you have any warranty, call them and find out where their preferred shops are so there is no surprises. Good Luck Hot Heads!!! ;)

Aug 04, 2010

Did it ever occur to you that sometimes it takes a little longer to locate a good transmission with low miles on it? Would you rather they just send in another bad transmission? Depending on the vehicle, sometimes it can be very difficult to locate good units because it's a common problem for that vehicle and all the good units are used up. Have a little patience dude, and talk nice to them about the possibility of rebuilding your unit at a reasonable price. You always get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar.

Aug 04, 2010

I'm guessing that you probably hit them with a laundry list of items that you thought they should replace just because you know they have a warranty. Did you bother to see which warranty your customer chose, based on what they could afford? Did you read the warranty to see what should have been covered? Guardian has a great reputation, and I know from experience. Do you?

0 0 Reply
Pissed I wasted money on this

Jun 09, 2010

Rick is an A-hole...he always has an excuse...I've been waiting for my car for 3 weeks now....he is full of excuses and is RUDE. Horrible customer support.

angry customer

Apr 15, 2010

:( this company is horrible and i will not renew my service with them.

Just Say No

Mar 01, 2010

I just talked with a GWC recommended shop and they don't even suggest using GWC warranties. They just told me that they waited 3 weeks to get a transmission in for a customer. I am still awaiting word on a supposed approved repair. It's funny that they will deny a repair in seconds, but once approved you are in for a really long wait. Save your money by not purchasing a GWC warranty, because in the end you will save more by paying out of pocket for repairs.

Fellow Service Manager

Feb 03, 2010

I'm also a service manager at a repair shop with a similar opinion of guardian warranty company. I'm on the phone every week with them, so I've got PLENTY of experience with them.

1. There's one claim rep named Richard...the guy is a total a-hole and a pain every time I'm unfortunate enough to land him on the phone. Him, along with MOST their other claim reps, try their best to wiggle out of repairing your vehicle by whatever means. And just like the other person said, they're usually against you throughout the process. I've gotten lucky only a couple of times to have a compliant claim rep. Especially don't have your mechanic call them with a long list of needed repairs. Although they may be repairs that are listed under coverage, they'll send an inspector out and they'll from there. Other warranty companies are definitely less stringent on getting people's cars repaired.

2. They haggle me to install the cheapest parts available...you definitely won't get dealer parts on your car.

3. If you do have guardian warranty, try to find a shop that has dealt with them plenty before so the shop will know how to help you out best in a situation where guardian will likely put up a fight.

×
You were reading a complaint about Guardian Warranty Corp.
Filing a new complaint about
×